Sunday, April 14, 2013

I'm backkkkkkk!!

So, I took a little break from blogging , but kinda miss writing, so I am backkkk!! Even though I haven't written in awhile this blog is still pretty knew. You can see that  there are few posts ,and I was kinda actually shy about letting friends read it and putting myself out there. lol, so don't judge me for the grammatical errors because I can assure you that is not my fortay.

So, let me start off by telling you 2 healthnut oopsies  that happened to me this weekend. I went out of town to an amazingg conference in Kentucky called Impact. I try to eat as healthy as possible and HATE fast food( unless its someplace like Moes, Chipotle, Jasons Deli, or F2O), so I always pack my own snacks. I premade my snacks the night before my trip and put them ina cooler for the ride up there. Some favorites to munch on are apples, pretzels, salsa,cheese strings, hummus, veggies, flatout bread with laughing cow cheese, salad, yogurt, nutrilite snack bars, flavor water, and tuna. My family picked up fast food, but I opted out and had veggies, hummus, my flatout bread and tuna. Wellllll, lets just say healthnut oopsie #1, opening up tuna in your hotel bathroom makes your hotel room smell rank!!! My family didnt appreciate the stench, but I was happy!! ahah but there is a price to pay for being healthy right?


On saturday we had a break in between sessions of our conference, so while everyone caught up on some much needed z's I hit the hotel workout room to get my sweat on. I came back to the room to chow down on my salad that I had brought with me and stored in our hotel fridge, because who wants to eat fast food and feel disgusting? Not this girl!! Well, lets just say, the thermomemter on the fridge was turned up all the way, so my salad had icesicles!!! My broccoli was completely frozen!! Can you say disgusting? All i could do was laugh. So I ended up going  to Chipotle for dinner and created a yummy salad there which ended up being fine. After the session that evening we got back to our hotel pretty late, maybe 11:30 and I was ready to get my munch on. So, I went to the fridge to grab my yogurt and it was yup, you got it, frozennnn! So, mistake #2 and lesson learned.....make sure the temp is turned down on the fridge unless you like to eat icesicled lettuce and have frozen yogurt that taste like ice.


Wanna know how a healthnut goes "Pack'n" here is how. Pack, pretzels, veggies, salsa, and hummus in your purse. =)


At the conference I got to meet Celebrity Chef Jason Roberts. Not gonna lie, I was kinda smitten by his cute New Zealand accent. He said,  "eat 80% good, and 20% naughty" def a good tip. Here is a pic of us!!!
 
 
Well, thats all folks!! It time to relax. Have a fabulous evening!!

No comments:

Post a Comment